Sunday, January 22, 2012

2011 Book Re-Cap

2011 was a good year!

I read a total of 18 books (you can find the list at the bottom of this blog), surpassing my book goal of reading 15 books + the Bible. I did not read the entire Bible, but including the books I did, the total reaches 29. I also (audio)read Pride and Prejudice 10 times, which is a record. It seems to come alive in different ways the more I read it and is by far my absolute favorite book. Additionally, I would consider The Chronicles of Narnia as a real highlight of reading in 2011. If you haven't yet read it, you absolutely must! The Biblical parallels and sheer genius of character and plot construction brought me to tears at times.

My reading goal for 2012 will be the same: 15 books + deliberate Bible reading

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yay Books! I saw a Austin reading challenge and thought of you :)